Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
HIPAAtizer is all about compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). HIPAA mandates certain levels of data privacy and security as it relates to protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (ePHI). This covers all paper and electronically stored or transmitted individually identifiable information relating to a patient's past, present, or future health status.
HIPAAtizer is a Business Associate as defined by the HIPAA regulations. Our forms are ONLY functional in an exclusively HIPAA‑Compliant environment. There is no guesswork with HIPAAtizer, our forms are always HIPAA Compliant.
So that all of our partner Covered Entities can sleep well at night knowing we are on top of the HIPAA requirements, we've implemented the following:
- Completed all 5 required HIPAA audits
- Security Standards Audit
- HITECH Act Subtitle D, IT Security Risk Analysis
- Asset & Device Audit
- Physical Site Audit
- Undertake an Annual Security Risk Analysis
- We've implemented the necessary breach notification policies
- Ensure that all employees rigorously follow the training requirements
- Monitor changes to HIPAA legislation
- Adopted all relevant policies to ensure that the PHI you entrust us with is handled safely, following the strictest guidelines
- Undergone full certification and audit of our policies and procedures by a third party.
If you have any questions regarding our HIPAA policies and procedures, please contact our Security Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.